Monday, October 1, 2007

Distractions

I finally got my Ravelry invitation! I was so excited Sunday when I saw it, but it's so simple to use, it's almost a let-down. I was looking forward to a couple of hours of loading my current WIP's to Ravelry, as a warm-up, and it only took a half-hour or so. Sigh.


Over the weekend, I began my X-mas knitting. I started with what I hoped would be a quick but luxurious project and it was everything I wanted it to be...almost. It was nearly perfect --easy to knit, delightful stitch pattern, lovely soft yarn. But the pattern calls for beads, and the ones I picked look terrible. I was wrong to assume that "size 6 beads" are the same as "6mm beads." Perhaps my error was in worrying too much about whether the yarn would fit through the bead hole? Regardless, the beads are WAY too big for the pattern, and since I haven't been able to convince myself that It Will Be OK, I must rip the otherwise lovely half-done project.


Alas, I cannot post pictures project since the recipient knows about this blog. The recipient is not a knitter, however, so I have posted more info on Ravelry. (My apologies to those of you who are still waiting for your invite!) But I won't leave you pictureless. For your viewing pleasure, Belinda's Dream:


No comments: