Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hey! What's that?

Just a quick post to show my finished Jaywalkers:
This is the first FO that was started after I started my blog -- a milestone!

Particulars: Strapaz Wolle "Cotton Effekt," 45% cotton, 42% wool, 13% polyamide. Note that for my size 10 feet, I needed 2-1/2 balls of this yarn. Knit on 2.5mm addis. Jaywalker pattern from Grumperina, modified by using 1x1 rib instead of suggested 2x2 ('cuz I wanted to practice tubular cast ons.)

I don't reckon they really need to be blocked, do you? Tomorrow I'm going to wear them with some jeans, a yellow chambray shirt, and my turquoise necklace. And I'm going to show them to people who will smile pleasantly and pretend to appreciate them, and I won't mind that they don't get it.

Of course, I'm already plotting my next pair. Daughter picked out some self-patterning yarn that I will need to cope with. It's an opportunity to figure out how to knit two socks at once on two circulars, and how to do short row heels (she'll outgrow them before she wears them out anyway.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Jaywalkers are absolutely awesome - what a beautiful colorline you've been using for them, it really makes the pattern "jump out", so to say! Great work!
I never block socks, actually I figure they get enough blocking when they're worn! Enjoy wearing them, and happy knitting!