Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Just a quick post, because it is very very late -- but I am just having too much fun! I can hardly stand it!
Things that are going very very well:
  • Oldest son is learning to play guitar, and not only is he learning to play Stairway to Heaven, but he has also learned to tune the instrument -- truly a happy event.


  • Daughter and I started piano lessons last week with a lovely, charming, patient but enthusiastic woman. Daughter is smitten, and practices every day without reminders.


  • Middle son has begun to pace himself on the king kong ball.


  • Oldest son and I tested for 1st degree black belt rank over the weekend -- and passed!


And on the knitting front:




  • The back of Josephine is nearly complete, and my gage in the almost-stockinette stitch is looking wonderfully even.


  • I am down to the toe decrease on the 2nd Jaywalker -- likely complete tomorrow night.


  • The stubborn Iris has been ripped out and stowed until I am ready to deal with her again. (I wonder if she would really rather be a shawl?)


  • And...I have discovered what Autumn wants to be.


Initial swatches of Autumn:



And the final swatch is where Autumn revealed herself at last:



She will become a short sleeve pull-over, with that lovely lace rib at the hem, along the the square neckline, and on the sleeve hems. Obviously it's machine knit -- I bought the yarn for machine knitting -- multi-color yarns need stockinette, and machines do stockinette best. Sometimes I do the edges by hand, but I did these on the machine and I think they look lovely, for once.

No comments: