Tuesday, May 8, 2007

AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!

That was a scream.

See the progress on my lovely Jaywalkers:


See how my lovely sock tops get STUCK on my heal when I try them on!


No, wait! Look closer! It's not the ribbing that's getting stuck. See the strained stitches in the Jaywalker fabric as I tug!



I should have known that things were Not Right when after the first couple of hours of knitting I had a hole in my left index finger:


It is a small hole, as only 2mm knitting needles can make. And it has made me painfully aware of a habit that is completely unconscious and which I find myself helpless to stop-- the habit of pushing the tip of the needle back through the loop. (At work we might call this a "repetitive motion injury.")

But I do still love the way the zigzag pattern works with this yarn, so I will rip it back and start again. Maybe I should try to find some 2.25mm needles? The gage with the 2.5mm needles was way too loose for this pattern. I may have enormous heals, but I have skinny ankles and I can't afford for the socks to be too loose. Maybe instead of 7 stitches between zigs and zags, I could go with 6. It would make it a little ziggier.

I'm going to finish this glass of wine before I start ripping.

While I'm at it, I think I'll start with the black or brown section of yarn for the cast on...


1 comment:

xccc said...

Which are the indications of worldwide recognition of individuals in this contemporary world? Of course, numbers of followers toward the Twitter account is a firm sign in at present. buy twitter followers cheap